Member Login / Check Matches
Join our mailing list today and be the first know about our upcoming events, discounts and more.
Tell a Friend
Speed dating is a great experience to share with your friends, so why not tell them about us.
Upcoming Speed Dating Events
Want to try speed-dating? Consider these statistics...
If you're thinking of trying speed dating, here are 10 interesting stats to consider.
- 30% more women will try speed dating than men. But, men will go speed dating 30% more often (luckily, as this means events are evenly balanced!)
- In NYC, the world's biggest city for speed dating, 12 companies offer around 100 events a month.
- If you enjoyed your experience and you choose to go again, your chances (in NYC) of having a speeddate with someone you met at a previous event is less than 1%. But if it happens, don't worry - it's just three minutes!
- 60% of women will come with friends, compared with only 10% of men. And guys, if you're wondering whether you should limit your selections to just one of a pair of girlfriends, the answer is no - pick them both if you like them! Same advice for women - if you both like a guy, you both should pick him. Remember, you don't know whether your pick will feel the same way, so it's always best to err on the side of more selections!
- Men will make twice as many selections as women, but both genders are picking more people now than they did in 2006. It seems that the recession is encouraging people to open up to more dating possibilities.
- Of those that make selections, 70% of men and 90% of women will get matches ("matches" are where there are mutual selections)
- But, as the number of matches between the genders must be even, men who do get matches, get on average more matches than women!
- The most common questions asked and answered are "What do you do?", "Where do you work", and "What do you do outside work?", so if you want to make a memorable impression, ask something else!
- 95% of men and 80% of women report a positive experience at speed dating
- The really interesting stats would be how many marriages, long term relationships, summer flings and one night stands come from speed dating. Well, no one knows, as participants tend to share this information infrequently. But we suspect, a LOT in every category!